The Library exists on donations of its friends, it doesn’t receive any public funding. It is a registered charity; such status requires relevant, transparent and efficient use of funds. If you support the Library’s aims, please consider becoming a benefactor. You can make any donation, big or small, one-off or regular. Please visit a dedicated page for donations or use one of the options below.
- Cheques for the Francis Skaryna Byelorussian Library and Museum should be sent to the Library’s address
- Free donations: every time you shop via Easyfundraising or Give as You Live, the Library receives a donation from your retailer; the cost you pay remains the same.
- Testament: please add the Library to one of the beneficiaries of your testament.
Our current and forthcoming projects
- To digitise a large number of books and periodicals and make them available online.
This would make our unique collection accessible to many people around the world.
- To introduce regular opening hours and employ library staff.
Trustees have already volunteered to ensure the Library is open to visitors on Saturdays. We are aiming to become able to employ part-time library staff to keep the door open for longer hours.
- To ensure preservation and access to unique archives of the Belarusian diaspora.
We are looking at several options (including digitisation), which would make the archives properly organised and more accessible to scholars in Belarus and abroad.
- To catalogue the library collection to make it more accessible to readers.