Francis Skaryna Belarusian Library in London (a registered charity) is looking for a person who can assist with the management and development of an interesting historic archive located on the premises of the library. The work will be carried out with support and assistance from professional archivists in Belarus.
Once you have received an induction and training from the professional archivists in Belarus and familiarised yourself with the composition of the archive, you will be expected:
- To produce a long-term project plan broken down into separate projects;
- To present specific projects to the board of trustees and assist in obtaining the necessary funding for their implementation;
- To implement specific projects under the supervision of and guidance from the professional archivists in Belarus and report upon completion to the board of trustees.
- You must be fluent in Belarusian.
- You must have permission to work in the UK.
- You must have good project management and communication skills.
- Previous experience of working with archives is not a prerequisite but you must be willing to learn.
Remuneration and benefits:
- Your remuneration for the implementation of specific projects will be agreed at the beginning of each project, but you will be expected to invest some time on a pro bono basis until the implementation stage.
- A room with a small kitchenette will be available on the library’s premises for a short-term stay.
Please contact us at email@example.com